- Waste Management
Commercial Waste Disposal In London
Paper, retail packaging, cans, cardboard, food wrappers and other.WhatsAppBuilders waste removal Construction site waste removal Care homes waste removal Office waste management Retail waste removal Manufactures rubbish removal Pre-paid Bags Same day rubbish removal Fly Tipping Rubbish
Domestic Waste Collection in London
We can take care of your waste no matter how large it is.WhatsApp
Types of Waste
Types of Waste in London
We run a professional waste management company.WhatsAppDemolition waste removal Plastic Waste Collection Scrap Metal Collection Electrical waste disposal Liquid Waste Disposal Industrial waste disposal White Goods Collection Waste oil collection Waste Cooking Oil Collection Paint
- Contact Us
Each year, the food service industry in the United Kingdom is estimated to produce over 400,000 tonnes of waste that could have been avoided. Food waste has huge social, environmental, and economic consequences, so it's critical for all food businesses, from producers to retailers and food vendors/restaurant owners, to do their part to ensure it's handled properly and efficiently.
Food that is thrown away does not decompose as easily as you might believe. Food waste that ends up in landfills rots and releases methane, a greenhouse gas that is twenty-five times more potent than carbon dioxide, which is bad news when the world is already facing a climate crisis.
Instead of ending up in a landfill or being incinerated, food waste can be collected for recycling and sent to special processing plants, where it can be converted into electricity or compost for farmers. If your municipality recycles food waste, take advantage of it by recycling all of your inedible scraps like eggshells, coffee grounds, and the likes, as well as any food that has passed its expiration date. Remove all packaging before placing it in your kitchen caddy; only food waste should be placed there.
Food waste isn't just a social or humanitarian issue; it's also a problem for the environment. We waste all the energy and water that goes into growing, harvesting, transporting, and packaging food when we throw it away. Rotting food produces methane, a greenhouse gas that is even more potent than carbon dioxide.
Some examples of restaurant food wastes are:
- Raw or cooked meat and fish, including bones and skin
- Raw or cooked fruits and vegetables
- All non-liquid dairy products
- Eggs (shells included)
- Pastries, cakes, and bread
- Beans, rice, and pasta
- Food from your plates and dishes that haven't been eaten
- Coffee grounds and tea bags
- Grass clippings, vegetable waste, fruit scraps, weeds, coffee grounds, examples of greens.
- Browns – Decomposing leaves, wood chips, twigs, and ash from the fireplace
- Shredded newspaper, cardboard, and paper, which are all recyclable packaging materials.
- Food that is past its expiration date or is moldy
- Cheese and other dairy products
- Fruit and vegetables, both raw and cooked, as well as peelings
There are certain food wastes that cannot be recycled and should be sorted separately from the rest, examples are non-food items such as diapers, oil and liquid fat, any type of packaging, any material that is not food waste, and Liquids such as milk which may likely leak during transporting the food waste and then cause spillages.
Non-food products are those that cannot be eaten but are commonly found in grocery stores, such as cleaning supplies and toilet paper. Below is a list of a few of them.
- Paper Towels Feminine Products Paper Towels
- Wet Wipes/Diapers
- Napkins/Paper Plates/Plastic Utensils
- Detergent for Dishwashers
- Dog/Cat Food
- Extra Water for Pets
- Kitty Litter
There's no time to waste if your company produces or works with food in any way, and making major changes is easier than you might think.
Here are a few reasons commercial food waste disposal is important:
- It saves you money: The amount of money you can save by committing to proper food waste disposal is highly dependent on the amount of waste you generate and the policies you currently have in place. However, any efforts you make to manage food waste may pay off in unexpected ways in the future. Many people are concerned about this issue right now. Your commitment to responsible food waste policies may one day help you land new business or improve your reputation among influential community members.
- It protects the environment: Food that ends up in landfills isn't just thrown away; it's also harmful to the environment. Our environment is also harmed by it. Methane, a harmful greenhouse gas, is produced when organic waste decomposes. The energy and resources used to produce and ship the food are also squandered. Food waste is responsible for approximately 11% of the greenhouse gas emissions produced by the food industry. Commercial food waste disposal practices keep organic waste out of landfills, reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- The law supports it: Local laws may apply to your commercial food waste disposal practices, depending on where you do business. Businesses that generate at least one ton of commercial organic waste per week in London are prohibited from dumping it in landfills. By law, these businesses must dispose of such waste through composting, conversion, recycling, or reuse.
- It is easy to do: It doesn't have to be your responsibility as a business owner to figure out how to properly dispose of commercial food waste. You're already overworked. To change your business's food waste disposal practices, all you need is motivation. Just call us at Any London Waste and we'll take care of your food waste disposal.
The waste hierarchy is an EU concept that underpins all the UK's waste policies. The waste hierarchy requires anyone in charge of waste management to prioritize waste prevention, reuse, and recycling, followed by other types of recovery, such as energy recovery, and finally, disposal. Your local council or another authority will issue you a 'fixed penalty notice.' This will detail which offense you've committed, as well as the potential penalty amount.
- Collection: This is when the food waste is carried from your business location by our team of professionals. Your waste must be carefully put into a waste bin for proper collection.
- Transportation: We have ready vehicles with professional drivers who will help transport your waste to our recycling center. Once the waste is loaded, it will be transported for processing.
- Processing: This is the final step that involves the recycling of wastes. Recyclable wastes are processed into other products to benefit both your business and the environment.
120L food waste bin:
The 120-litre bin is the size of a standard residential wheeled bin and can hold two to three bags of general rubbish, card, glass, and other waste. Depending on your needs, we can collect daily, weekly, or fortnightly. If your company doesn't generate a lot of waste, a 120-litre bin might be the best option.
240L food waste bin:
A larger wheeled bin capable of holding three to four sacks of garbage. Ideal for a small business that generates a lot of garbage, glass, card or paper, or other sorts of waste. Depending on your contract and organizational needs, garbage can be collected on a daily, weekly, or biweekly basis.
360L food waste bin:
A larger wheeled bin capable of holding four to five sacks of garbage. Ideal for a business that generates a lot of general waste or wishes to recycle materials like cards or paper. A 360L bin can also be used for different garbage. This container can be collected on a daily, weekly, or fortnightly basis, depending on your contract requirements and business demands.
There are many advantages to using Any London Waste's local food waste collection service:
- Any London Waste is a significant provider of food waste collection and recycling services in the United Kingdom.
- We help you in complying with food waste regulations.
- We make sure your waste is recycled.
Organizations we work with:
- National highstreet restaurant chains
- Hospitals, prisons, and local authorities
- Office complexes
- Fast foods outlets
- Sport stadiums
- Holiday parks and hotels
- East London
- South West London
- North West London
- West London
- South East London
- North London
How Does It Work
Call us to make an enquiry and receive a free, no obligation quote. Or book online!
Tell us which day and time works best for you. We even offer same-day collections.
Our friendly team will remove and recycle your domestic or commercial waste.